Thursday, December 18, 2008

Turning off the Frontage Road and on to the on Ramp

That's where I am now. I'm not quite on that highway, the Road to IM CDA 09, but I'm on the on ramp. After a welcome break I'm starting to ramp up the training a bit. Making sure I make it to yoga 2x week, getting on the treadmill (or outside when it's not in the single digits) and starting back on the trainer
Here's the form that has gotten me to this point. I hooked up with Larry and Sophie at The Fix Studio and have a new position. I don't have a photo of it yet. Here's the scoop, raised the seat (increasing leg angle to 141), lowered the bars (hip angle down to 98.8), shortened the cockpit (elbow angle down to 90.1). It's slightly more aggressive, but also more efficient as my upper arm should carry more weight instead of back and lats. I've ridden it a couple of times and it seems good. If you really want to see the new position send me an email. I can send you a file and a viewer and you can see it in motion. I can almost feel the excitement.

I'm anxious to get on the Computrainer but that will have to wait until next week, once we get back from Rockford.

Minneapolis Marathon - I've signed up to run the Minneapolis Marathon 1/2 on May 31. I'm scheduled for a 2 hr 40 minute run that weekend so I may have to run to the start or something. Brian, accross the street has also registered and I think NS Rob too.

Have a great Christmas and may achieve all your race goals in the new year (or at least learn from missing them).

1 comment:

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

As long as you're comfortable - enough to keep going for about 6 hours - then your geometry is good.
Ahhh - the computrainer. I have a love hate relationship with that baby.