Monday, January 5, 2009

And so it begins . . .

I've climbed my last flight of stairs without that familiar ache in my quads. I started my 24 week training program for Ironman Couer d'Alene (IM CDA). Yesterday was a 45 minute run on the treadmill at the gym. I must be a wimp, but I just can't get too excited about running when the temps are in the single digits and the wind is blowing.
I'm not in the shape I'd like to be in when starting but that's what the base phase of the training is for I suppose. I know I needed the break though.
This morning I hit the pool for a short swim and I'm on the trainer this afternoon. I've ridden the computrainer a few times and I love it. Granted the software is a little wonky, but it really adds some realism to the mind numbing tedium of riding in the basement.
Just a short post to let you know I've started. More later.

1 comment:

Steve Stenzel said...

Good luck over the next 6 months!!

And ANYTHING to make the trainer more bearable is worth it!!