Friday, February 20, 2009

Is it too early to be this tired?

So, I'm almost done with week 7. Finishing my 2nd build cycle. "All" I have left is my 90 minute run tomorrow. Today I swam 2,400 yards and then hopped on the trainer for a 3 hour ride. I'd love to tell you how I completed my first full loop of the CDA course on the computrainer. Only I didn't. I'm ready for my recovery week.

2 weeks ago I rode for 2:45 and went 40.44 miles @ 171 watts with an average HR of 128 bpm. Today I rode for 3:00 and went 43.11 miles @ 170 watts with an average HR of 136 bpm. Those speeds are depressingly slow.

Lessons from today:
1. start working on ride nutrition now. I was pretty haphazard and took in 840 calories in 3 hours. Not enough!
2. if you don't have your fan adjusted, get off your bike and fix it.

That was yesterday (Friday). Today I got my 90 minute run in and despite the 5" of fresh snow it went pretty well. The path was plowed so I just had to deal with about 1/2 mile of loosely packed snow on the road to get there and back. It wasn't fast but I got the time in.

Looking forward to my massage on Monday and a scaled back training week. Not to mention tomorrow off - whoo hoo!

It's beginning to look like I'm really going to have to focus on my diet. I need to drop some pounds so the climbs aren't so tough.

Here's the video for the week. It's a long one but it shows some of the sights, sounds and emotions surrounding some amateurs from last year's Ironman CDA.

No comments: