Monday, September 28, 2009

The Doc is an Irongirl!

Yesterday the Doc entered IronGirl. It was her first duathlon. She loves to bike and is learning to tolerate running. If there's any question that I married waaaay over my head the next picture settles that question once and for all! She's waving to the kids.
Here she is climbing the 1/2 mile hill. Still spinning in the saddle just like her coach told her (flying by the women WALKING up the hill). The last minute course change reversed this part of the course. The carnage was unbelievable as women walked, abandoned, grinded up weaving all over the road in massive gears.
Oh yeah, they got to do it twice too. It was straight out of transition so you had the whole first loop to think about going back. Here she is flying into T2 waving to her adoring fam.
Heading out of T2 - that's a lot of enthusiasm. More than I can typically muster at this stage of a race.
Hitting the finisher chute.
Celebrating with Zman and JRose. She totally rocked finishing 209/859 overall, 49/174 in her age group. Her second run was 1 minute/mile slower than the first run. Later in the day she felt bad for feeling sore. She said "I trained for the distance." I explained that the soreness coupled with her relatively consistent pace indicated she had pushed it just the right amount.
Irongirls all around. The Doc with the girls from the clinic Loriann and Julie. Next year they'll be back for their second.
Now to figure out how to get the Doc in the pool. I see a Minneman novice division entry next year!

Oh yeah, I entered a 5k for Zman's hockey team on Saturday and ran it in 8:18s. I'm entering a 10k in 7 weeks. My new goal pace is 8:18s.

No comments: