Friday, July 25, 2008

Rolling Alone No More

It's been a different week for me. Last Thursday I rode with Jim and Stomper Rob, did the group ride on Saturday in Rockford, on Tuesday I did an open water swim followed by a ride with NS Rob (not Stomper Rob). Hit a spin class with Neighbor Brian Wednesday, and Thursday I ran 6 miles with Cpt. Brian (freshly back from Iraq).

That's more group workouts than I've had in the last 3 months and it was refreshing. I'm not sure how great it was for my training since on the group rides you often find yourself sitting up chatting. That's the point of a group ride though - otherwise it would just be a couple (or more) guys who happen to be riding in the vicinity of one another.

Cpt. Brian is training for the Twin Cities Marathon, lost 30 pounds in Iraq (I should consider moving my kitchen 1/2 mile down the road) and pretty much could have dusted me at any point. After 2 miles I was struggling, but after another mile or so at a slower pace I came back and started to feel good.

Not to worry all of you who know me as the somewhat antisocial curmudgeon - I'm sure I'll be swimming, rolling, and running on my own next week.

My next post should contain some wildly different triathlon pictures - the triathletes will be much shorter! Zman and JRose will be doing the Chisago Kids Tri tomorrow a.m. Well Zman will be, I can't promise that JRose will toe the line. How did I end up with such a non-gung-ho daughter; I'll never know.

1 comment:

Steve Stenzel said...

Good luck to the kids tomorrow!!

And I'll maybe see you in Chisago. I'll be changing into short yellow shorts after I'm done in order to cheer on the half IM finishers, so I'll be hard to miss.

I also noticed that you did LTF tri too! Nice swim time!! Way to go!