Monday, August 25, 2008

Vacation Takes It's Toll

I'm sitting here blogging and icing down the arch of my left foot. This won't suprise any of you runners out there - it's a way to help prevent/heal the dreaded plantar fasciitis. No, that's not what I'm doing here. I'm icing down the spot where a yellowjacket somehow got between my sandal and my foot. It didn't want to be there any more than I wanted it there and it let me know! It's much better this morning than it was last night but I don't think I want to head out for a run. Maybe tomorrow.

Aside from the human/animal interaction, vacation left a mark in another way too. I'm up a few pounds. I could blame myself and my lack of self control, but I blame the Doc. She likes to have snacks around, have 1/2 a serving herself and then sit back and watch me eat the rest. It started with a ginormous (yes that's actually a word and I'm lobbying for hugantic (which is actually bigger than ginormous)) http://http//www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hugantic batch of gorp. We're talking about at least 1 gallon of gorp which is perhaps the most calorie dense substance known to man. The gorp disappeared after a couple of days and was followed by Special K bars, rice krispie treats and cookies (including those frosted sugar ones that don't fill you up at all but have like a thousand calories a piece). Fortunately she's tucked back into work and can no longer wreak havoc on my dietary intake.

Now I've got to figure out how I'm going to lug these extra 7 pounds (based upon my Rockman weight) around Square Lake. Good thing it's a hilly course - because that's exactly what you want when you're above your ideal race weight. (that's sarcasm people).

Managed to pack on the pounds despite biking 175 miles, running 13 miles and about an hour of swimming in 10 days plus all the projecting around the cabin. The cabin residing is nearly complete. Now for the big ol garage.

No comments: