Sunday, August 17, 2008

Vacation

Lest any of you think that my life is empty, but for triathlons, I thought I'd share a few pictures from our time at the cabin. (We're still there). But don't worry too much, I'm currently alone, blogging from our "bonus room" (formerly the guest house before a friendly neighbor called the City of East Bethel) above the detached garage waiting for the coverage of the Women's Olympic Triathlon to start. It's 11 now and I'm not sure I'm going to make it as the local news is starting first.

Anyhow - here are the pics. Click on a photo to see it MUCH bigger.















Where is my driver when I need her most? Look at that butter! Oh yeah, there are a couple of kids catching sunnies and putting them in a big Rubbermaid (tm) bin. My driver (the "Doc") was wrapping things up at work before her week off.
















The weather is supposed to be picture perfect all week.
















The dog chilled between sets during this after dinner ski/boarding session.





















JRose taking a break from tubing. But in case you think it's all sunsets, full moon rising, chilling in the sun. Here's an action shot from the tubers:

















On a training note - I did go for my first run since Turtleman this morning. 3 miles - whoo hoo. Tomorrow I'm planning a long ride. Next Sunday the Minnesota Tri Club's August Century Ride conveniently goes very close to the cabin. I'll jump in and get 60 - 70 miles in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice air on that tube - looks like they had a lot of fun. Beautiful pics.