Monday, October 13, 2008

Convalescing

The Doc hanging in the garage at Oktoberfest. Note the permanent beer can collection display. No those cans are not stacked on one another. They rest upon custom made stadium style shelves. Only Jim.


Speaking of Jim, here he is with the lederhosen t-shirt and Oktoberfest beads. Dave is sporting the fuzzy beer mug hat. Is that a paisley shirt Dave? You've been living in Uptown too long!

As predicted Oktoberfest did not improve my cold. I've completely lost my voice. It didn't help that the Doc had a delivery cooking all night involving several calls in the night. That made about the 3rd night of bad sleep that week. Combined with an ambitious training schedule I had the perfect set up to get sick. I'm feeling a little better today, but still can't speak and the phlegm is on the move.



As a result I didn't get in a long run last week. I got in plenty of cardio, but really needed a long run to get the endurance up before San Antonio.



Right now I am so looking forward to taking a break. Granted, I haven't exercised for 4 days now and that makes me edgy too, but my body and mind needs a break from training. It's been 9 months of pretty solid training.



5 weeks until San Antonio. I think that's enough time assuming I can get over this cold and get back out there soon.

3 comments:

Steve Stenzel said...

Wait...wait...wait... Custom Beer Can Stadium Shelving?!?!?!

Sweet!!

Anonymous said...

So did your brother tell you that he has taken to hanging out in garages too? Seems as though they do that here in WI too...imagine that!
Also, blaming all this illness on the preggo ladies is not cool in my book ;)
Sounds to me like you didn't drink enough beer at Oktoberfest. If you had, you would have slept through the night, doc or no doc.

richvans said...

Well, Jill (anonymous my rump) - it's not the preggos it's the birthos.