Friday, October 10, 2008

Oktoberfest Time

Tonight is Tall Jim's Oktoberfest. I just spent the morning helping convert his spacious double deep garage into Shoreview's best bierhall. I'll be playing injured tonight as I'm fighting a cold, but I think I'll be up to the task. The Doc may have to leave me unsupervised for a while tonight as she's inducing a patient and may have to go in for the delivery tonight if it doesn't happen today. What could go wrong (with me being unsupervised not with the delivery)?

I was hoping to get out for a run this afternoon (man it's beautiful outside) but I think that would send me into a major decline and I can't risk it. Sunday I'll get in a long run assuming I feel better. (I don't think Oktoberfest is going to help) - Paulaner Oktoberfest and brats. What's the saying feed a fever, drown a cold . . . I should have it covered.

Anyone want to drive Zman to hockey at 6:45 a.m. on Saturday? Bueller? Anyone?

It's beginning to sound like the third option is off the table for San Antonio - Angie just ran over 6 miles at 8:30 pace. With a little rest 9:00's for 13 should be doable for her. It's looking like I'm going to have to run sub 2 just to stick with her. The first option is also off the table - 1:55 just isn't there either. I'm shooting for a hybrid. Nice dinner and a couple beers on Friday. Near complete rest on Saturday, pasta dinner, the whole pre race routine. Angie and I will head out and attempt to break 1:59:40 (and if one or both of us can avoid peeing on ourselves so much the better). If I don't wet myself at the finish OB will think I left some time out on the course.

No comments: