Saturday, January 24, 2009

Week 3 Wrapup

YES! I finished my 3rd week. Felt pretty good, although my "long" run was sort of a slog. Here are the totals for the week: Swim - 5,800 yards. Long set of 1,500 in 24:54 with 3 consistent 500s. Bike - 3 hours 35 minutes ( a whopping 59 miles). Run 2 hours 30 minutes (14.3 miles).

If the computrainer resistance is to be believed, I'm not sure what I've gotten myself into. Two of my rides this week were on the Live Course and they were both slow. I should be killer strong on the hills by the time this training is over.

I had workout partners for 2 sessions this week. Meet my new spin partner:

The kids were off of school on Friday. Zman wanted to join me for part of my ride. He worked up a sweat. Wasn't much company as he plugged in his ipod, but we had fun.

My other partner was Ramsey who is threatening to join the multisport craze. He said he was going to swim with me but it mostly looked like he was just floating in the lane next to me. Actually he's trying to learn TI and I've got to say I was impressed with his ability to focus on drills. I should probably explain TI - it's Total Immersion and it's a distance swimming technique that is quite effective but hard to pick up.

I was able to get all 3 of my runs done outside this week and here's why:


Four 1/2 inch machine screws work great for gripping the ice. The don't help much in the loose mush, but they're great on the hard stuff.

When you next hear from me I will have achieved full MASTERS status. Tonight's the big blowout for both mine and the Doc's impending classification change. Looking forward to it!

And if you're still with me, here's this week's video:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The inauguration ceremony into the Masters category was a great hit - we had a great time. Now that you carbo loaded on about 2 dozen handmade pretzels - your training this week should be stellar.