Monday, March 23, 2009

Another Recovery Week

Hey out there. Seems like this blog is turning more into a rest and recovery blog than a training blog. That could be because the only time I feel like I have the time or the energy to do a post I'm resting or recovering.

Had a great week last week. Both my 3:45 bike and my 2 hour run went awesome. NS Rob came over and to the subterranean spin studio for the long bike. I punished him with both country music and hip hop (not simultaneously) after watching What It Takes - a documentary about 4 IM athletes. He lost focus a bit at the end, but considering his last ride period was at least 3 weeks ago I'd say he was a trooper. As he will attest - "Cowgirls Don't Cry." I think he might have liked "I Love College" even better.

For my long run I got out and ran along the Mississippi from Stone Arch down to Ford Parkway and back. It was beautiful on Saturday - I even have a bit of a matchstick tan going (brown head - white everything else). Although I still have my racing stripe on my back from a long ride last year where I missed a swath on my shoulder with the sunscreen.

I was a bit sore still this morning, but after a massage from Larry @ The Fix Studio, I'm good to go - even going down stairs.

This week should be nice and easy - it almost didn't seem worth the trip to the gym for the 1,700 yards in the pool this morning.

At the end of this week I will be 1/2 way through my 24 week program. One more build cycle before I start the peak (there's really not a discernible difference - the volume still builds throughout the peak).

This week's video is less motivational than it is informative. It's Paula Newby Fraser giving some insight to the CDA course. So if you're signed up for the race or curious about a few of the specifics it's worth checking out.

No comments: