Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I'm still kicking

Wow, it seems like the last thing I want to do after finishing up my training for the day is talk about it, log it or blog it. I haven't put anything in my log for 2.5 weeks. I'm still doing the workouts. The runs are in my watch and the rides are on the computer so I can dig up the stats if I want. I probably should just to see the total hours rise.

Last week took a pretty big toll on me. I was nowhere close on my wattage goals for the long ride. After 1/2 hour all I wanted was off the bike. I spent the next 3 hours watching my wattage drop. I did spend the full 3 1/2 hours moving so I'm chalking it up as a mental toughness ride. Fortunately this week eases up a bit with the key workout being a 1:30/30 brick. Next week the long stuff returns 2 hour run, 3:45 bike and a 2,112 (1.2 mi) TT in the pool. I'm sure I'll be begging for mercy by then. I am going to try and get the run in AFTER the bike next week.

On a happier note, my weight seems to be moving in the right direction - despite the weekend dietary debauch in the Dells. I'm craving healthier foods which is good. M&M's new pricing strategy (those Easter bags are on 12.6 ounces, they used to be 14 ounces and 16 before that) is helping. Thank you M&M/Mars you finally figured a way to price out one of your heavy users.

I better get cleaned up and start on dinner. Hope your training is going well.

No comments: