Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Healthy Again

So I think I kicked the cold finally. It really couldn't have come at a better time. With having the kids at home last week I'm not sure how I would have gotten my workouts in. I ended the week only short 1 run and 1 swim. Got all my key workouts in and feel better. A successful week I'd say.

We decided to take the kids up to Duluth and the North Shore for Easter Weekend since we didn't travel for their spring break due to their first communion. I planned to do my 2:45 bike on Old 61 along Lake Superior Saturday a.m. It was about 34 degrees when I left. I now remember why I don't like riding when it's in the 30's. First off, with tights and a jacket I feel like I'm pushing a snow plow down the road. Secondly, after about an hour my hands and feet started to go numb. Third, they could use some rain up there as there was quite a bit of sand on the shoulder.

It wasn't a pleasant ride, despite the beautiful surroundings. One thing about riding a tri bike in beautiful surroundings. Unless the scenery happens to be on the road about 100 feet in front of you, you're not really going to see it without an effort. The aero position just doesn't lend itself to sight seeing.

I'm heading out today to do hill repeats on Naslon Hill. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: