Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Nason Hill Road Repeats

Today was the first day I made it outside for some hill repeats. I headed out to Nason Hill Road just south of Marine on St. Croix. According to my Garmin, it has 213 feet of climbing in .6 miles. The elevation looks like this (and shows closer to 180 feet of vertical):




A decent hill. I need to check the CDA course to see how it compares with those. Bottom line on the workout - I need more! More repeats, more hills, more rollers, more long climbs, more.
After 5 climbs that took between 4 and 4:30 minutes each I was pretty well cooked. I'm sure I'll be feeling it tomorrow on my long ride (4.5 hours is the plan) but the weather is supposed to be too sweet to pass up. Plus NS Rob is coming along for the trip. He still says he's not doing the 100 at Ironman Bikeride - actually no one from the group is, but I'm saving my stored up vitriol for another post.

No comments: