Saturday, April 4, 2009

If you two wanna dance you gotta . . .

Take it outside! The weather here was finally decent enough that I was able to get my Friday ride done outside. A little under 2 hours base ride - perfect for getting back out there. I'd love to tell you that the 12 weeks of riding the trainer had me zipping up hills with a double digit heartrate - unfortunately that wasn't the case.

What is this odd pressure against my face and chest? Why am I going 17mph with my heartrate at LT? Where did those core muscles come from and why are they sore? Apparently there's this thing out there called wind - especially in the Spring. That explains the pressure and the heartrate. When you're on the trainer there's not need to worry about staying upright - on the road it's another matter, thus the core muscle issue.

Wednesday's long ride was decent. NS Rob came over to the studio again. He spent more time "fixing" his bike than riding or so it seemed.

I'm fighting the training crud. Slow moving in the a.m. but once I get going I'm usually ok.

My 2:10 run this afternoon went well enough. Implemented the 10/1's - hopefully they'll do everything Galloway says and help with recovery. Caught a short nap afterwards and now I'm good to go.

Totals for the week:

Swim 7,200 yards
Bike 7 hours
Run 22 miles
Yoga 1 hour

No really long ride/run next week, "just" a 2 hour/1 hour brick (or something like that). Good thing since the kids are off school. It's just me and them Monday - Wednesday so it will almost be like I've got a job.

We're supposed to get 3 inches of snow tonight so I don't know when I'll be back riding outside - hopefully by the end of the week.

No comments: