Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Clearance Clarence



So I went in for PT today. They didn't have me scheduled for the video analysis, but she wasn't with a patient so she graciously agreed. Couple of minor issues - revealed the need to stretch more.

Received Graston on my IT band. Think of it as rubbing the side of your leg with the end of a wrench.

Got some new clenching exercises - since apparently I don't clench enough.

Had some steroids electically injected into the tendon site to reduce inflamation.

The best news is that as long as pain stays at 2/10 or less there's no reason to stop training. Thus the clearance Clarance. Hoping to get on the bike for 2 hours tomorrow and see how that goes. I've got about a million appointments between now and when I leave.

I'm also going to be one of those athletes on raceday - kinesio tape. It's pure voodoo, but when in deep doo doo you grab voodoo - it's what you do.

1 comment:

Reg said...

Just wanted to say good luck to you as well. Not long now! Hope the knee holds up. Reg