Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What's all this?



Can I really need all this stuff? The race is "only" (officially) 17 hours long. Actually looking at the picture it's hard to tell how much stuff is really there since some of it is stacked.

I've got basic mild/warm weather gear for all 3 legs (swim, bike, run) plus cold/wet weather for bike and run, plus change of socks for bike and run, body glide for each transition and special needs bag.

Apparently some of you think special needs bag is a funny term. Nothing funny about a change of socks, peanut butter and jelly and inspirational note from loved ones 127 miles into the day.

I had grabbed a Rubbermaid tub to put all the stuff in so I only have to keep track of my tub on the way out. Thought it might be ridiculously large - turns out the stuff barely fit.

2 comments:

HandsomeBrian said...

If you need/want leg warmers for the bike, let me know. Good luck!

Formulaic said...

So in keepingwith your HIM tradition it should be gray skies and thunderstorms! Combine your luck with RBR and we are in the stew for sure!!

Hey! Race numbers are up! 1068