Saturday, June 20, 2009

Surprise!

So I got a surprise last night. Anne and my mom didn't go to Spokane for facials; they went to pick up my lifelong friend and head sherpa OB. Don't get me wrong, the Doc has been doing a bang up job sherpa'n for me this week (despite all the grief I've been giving her . . . "OB wouldn't have left me standing in this registration line by myself" and the like). I feel guilty since OB has purchased a new business this year and has been working for months straight and is here with me instead of on vacation with his family. Danny will you ever forgive me?
Oh yeah, what do you think of the new haircut? High and tight for the race.

We went to the mandatory meeting last night. The director of each sport and the overall director went over the rules. No real surprises - other than the no passing zone on the bike course. That should be interesting. When you think about it - 7 meters is a long way! That's how much space we're to maintain between bikes.

What do you mean I can't wear flippers and a snorkel?


As it said in the paper this morning "1 days until Ironman" - I thought that was funny. No need to have a special graphic for the last day - just plug in the 1 and print it.

The weather looks to be very interesting. High of around 60 (nice) but with rain and possibly thunderstorms in the afternoon. If it gets wet out there it could make for a long chilly day out there.

Today I'm planning on getting in a short swim, finalizing my transition bags and special needs bags and checking in my bike and transition bags. OB wants to see some of the bike course so we'll probably drive out and take another look. The registration for 2010 for this year's athletes is also this morning. There's one line I won't be in (or so I've been told).

Thanks everybody who has sent me comments on the blog or emails wishing me luck. It's nice to know you all are thinking of me as I undertake this ridiculous event.

No comments: