Thursday, June 18, 2009

Gatorade Swim

This is the goal!

This morning the Doc and I headed down to the park for the Gatorade Swim. The have a place where you can check your gear while you swim and then get either a Gatorade bike water bottle or a bottle of . . . Gatorade.



I know I put my goggles in here some place.
Yup, wind out of the south again this morning. Made for a roller coaster like swim. They have some buoys set out 3 on each side. It was about a 15 minute swim. I'm guessing it was 1/2 the course or a little under. The water is a pleasant 65 degrees. No need for neoprene cap, booties or anything. The water is clear, there are no weeds (which is a pleasant change for me) - just some funky debris on the bottom occasionally.
The Tribike Transport trucks were all lined up and unloading. The Guru is in there someplace (I hope). Registration, shopping and lunch, then picking up the bike.

Getting in the water has really seemed to lift my mood. I've been grooving to music in the house ever since we got back. I would have to say that I am getting excited. That's a good thing right.

1 comment:

Jeff in Budapest said...

Thanks again for your inspirational blog. I know you will enjoy a fantastic Sunday. All good wishes!